Author Topic: A quick, personal story  (Read 626 times)

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
A quick, personal story
« on: September 22, 2018, 11:50:33 PM »
...I hope that this is received as intended... :)

...I was a cello performance major early in college, and was invited to join a music Sorority.  Part of the Inititation was a performance.  When it was my turn, I walked onto the stage, and started a Haydn cello concerto.  They cut me off after about three minutes, and grilled me on my inadequate knowledge of music history.  I slunk off, figuring that I was rejected.   :-[  But...I was later advised that I WAS ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Two years later, I was sitting in the front row listening to new Candidates... >:(...I was the President of the sorority, and it was my job to watch my watch, and yell..."OK...ENOUGH...STOP!"   ::) after three minutes.  We would then grill the candidate.   ;D  It was fun!!!  I REALLY enjoyed quizzing a vocal major about string instruments.  But, once, a candidate started playing this....

https://youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY

I just didn't look at my watch...and I just listened.  I got nudged by my Sisters...and I just pushed them away...I just WANTED to hear the ENTIRE piece!!!  The candidate finished, and I let my Sisters quiz her...my mind was still lost in the music.  Bach had seen into the Universe and Humankind when he wrote this.  The angry questions...the argument...and then the discussion...leading to acceptance.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle