Author Topic: da board, da board, kay  (Read 625823 times)

Offline kay

Re: da board, da board, kay
« Reply #1605 on: April 23, 2007, 04:53:52 AM »

Eiluna....fred is a comic indeed *nods* ;)

fred....the walk was GREAT.  AND I did have my good walking shoes on...so thanks for reminding me ;D
There were 38,000 people there.  It was so awesome and rewarding.

*looks over at fred*  Were you laying in the sun this weekend with no sunscreen on?  Why fred!  YOU should know better than that!  How many years have I told you that you need sunscreen your first time out?  fred fred fred!  YOU are a lobster man indeed!  *hands you some aloe vera*  That might help you some.  ~hugs~ *hands you your bag*  Take your pick....lobsterman or bagman.....lol
Now me on the other hand....I am SO dark fred....that fake tanning helps....one more week left on the package.....then......sings:  I'm leaving on a jet plane....lol  8)

Offline fred

« Reply #1606 on: April 23, 2007, 09:29:54 AM »

;D  luv the sound of you (groaning) while dropping in a quarter in the tip-jar for........ turning da page.

great you could participate in the MARCH:

missin'ya even before you leave ..........but then you could march again? 

Offline Eiluna

• Vital Wisdom ...Port Thunder...
« Reply #1607 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:26 AM »

Yes, kay, I see that... and he's a known one at that....  :)

Where did you march??
..The song of the source is good, but the source of the song is magnificent..

Offline Texas Sunshine

« Reply #1608 on: April 23, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »
   Are you going on a vacation, kay?  Can I come??!?  I need one.  We are tearing my house apart.. while living right in the middle of it all.  All the furniture downstairs is slowly being carried UPstairs, the carpet is being ripped out.. and (hurray!!) new ceramic tile is going in downstairs in the next few weeks.  Hmm.. I wonder how I am going to cook, etc when the kitchen is empty..or even get out the front door?  And I have been told my job is to keep kids OFF the tile till it is set and grouted.  I think I might set up a tent in the front yard, get the gas grill clean, and the kids and I will camp that week.  But the end result will be worth it.  If these kids can wear down extra thick tile, I give up and will get a DIRT floor.
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Offline kay

« Reply #1609 on: April 24, 2007, 04:55:31 AM »

OH fred....I am not groaning, but mumbling here....lol
That groaning sound must be the 25 pennies that I am dropping in the jar that YOU set ME up for....I know YOU!!! laughs

Eiluna....I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk.  It was a beautiful day....great turn out....and was so fulfilling and rewarding. 

Texas Sunshine.....YES you can come if you would like to go to Washington, D.C.....the more the merrier!
Imagine scrubbing a DIRT floor?? No way!  Set those tents up and cook on the gas grill....the kiddies will enjoy that *nods*  Tell them the house is off limits....laughs  You'll give them another memory with this one ;)

*drops the last penny in the jar*  *clink*
*looks over at fred*  ;D

Offline Texas Sunshine

« Reply #1610 on: April 24, 2007, 06:53:05 AM »
   Washington, DC?  Sure!  My MIL is there and I have not seen her in about 6-7 yrs. (hubby has though) I also have 6 nieces and nephews on his side that I have only seen in pics.  (get the feeling he and his family are not close??)  And I have never travelled east.  I have been north, south, midwest, and west.. but not east. I am ready and packed.  When do we leave?

As for the camping idea, I like it.  I only have one tiny, eensy-weensy problem.  A bathroom.  The boys can use a tree, but what about us girls??  And even if we find a moderately private clump of vegetation in the wooded ravine behind our pond, it is most likely poison ivy.  *scratch scratch*  Oh wouldn't THAT be a memory!
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Offline fred

« Reply #1611 on: April 24, 2007, 09:32:09 AM »

well kay............

all your pennies are gladly accepted here.........

*gives ~TS~ a
                      and suggest, you girls get a'shovelling

also gives youS a product catalogue
                                        from sears (rather small though), for most items are online and wonders how youS use the online catalogue for your purposes?   :o

Offline kay

« Reply #1612 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »

Otay Texas Sunshine....be ready early Wednesday morning ;D
Hmmmmmm don't know what to tell you about the outside situation there for the girls....is there an outhouse anywhere near?  I would think the girls would be able to tiptoe into the house?  Would that work?  *looks over*
Hey and what about showers??  :o

Ahhhhhhhhhh pennies from heaven!  A penny for your thoughts fred :)
You better watch that shovel fred....Texas Sunshine might just clobber you with it....laughs

Offline fred

« Reply #1613 on: April 25, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »

showers?

let them use the pond in the back

Offline Texas Sunshine

« Reply #1614 on: April 25, 2007, 02:38:19 PM »
Oh fred.. that is eerie.  That looks *exactly* like the back side of our pond, mud and all.  I did a double-take.  But I will not use it as a bathing option.  I have been here 9 yrs and have not stepped foot in it yet.  You should see the size of some of the alligator snapping turtles that are in there!!  And, NO shovel for me.  I am not going that route. 

kay, no.. no outhouses nearby, but my parents and oldest daughter are also on our property.  That makes 3 bathrooms (with showers) available.  It is just a LONG walk in the dark at night from a tent.  I might step on a snake or surprise a skunk or something.  I have already told hubby that he had better tile a path from the front door to the stairs FIRST.  That way we can take about 4 steps and get to the stairs.  There MUST be a way to get to the showers or he will not be in the tent with us!   :P

Offline fred

« Reply #1615 on: April 25, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »

kay.................why is this man smiling  :D   

he is apparently watching them'all swim in the pond behind the house.  The pond ~TS~ has never step into or even a put her little toe into................ and HE is also getting ready for a talk on "Finding Inner Peace in A World of Turmoil" and on "Geshe Langri Thangpa’s Eight Verses of Training the Mind (lojong tsikgyama)"

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:57:13 PM by fred »

Offline Eiluna

• Vital Wisdom ...Port Thunder...
« Reply #1616 on: April 25, 2007, 10:13:24 PM »

Oh, kay, thank you on behalf of all women for doing that!!  *S*  Good for you...    :D

fred, gotta love that smile...
..The song of the source is good, but the source of the song is magnificent..

Offline kay

« Reply #1617 on: April 26, 2007, 04:53:01 AM »

Texas Sunshine....do you recognize any of the kids in the photo?? lol  :o
Now it sounds like you have a plan in tiling a path from the front door to the stairs first....you are set to go....lol *hugs*  It will be trying the next week or so for you....good luck my dear :)

fred...don't we like turtles??  Oh oh maybe not snapping turtles though....yikes!
It takes ten verses to train this mind here fred....laughs

Ahhhhhhhhhhh thank you Eiluna.....that was sweet of you. 
A smile says it all ;D

Offline Texas Sunshine

« Reply #1618 on: April 26, 2007, 07:34:21 AM »
   kay,  Hmm.. some of those kids might be mine.. not sure.  Even the big one looks a bit familiar.  Turtles or not, I do admit to being tempted to jump in with them when it hits 105 here.  Maybe I can get one of those floaties to lounge on and stay above the turtles.   :D  The work starts in earnest Saturday with all the downstairs carpet being pulled out.  Heeeeeeeeere we goooooo..

fred, maybe he has a secret.  He looks very pleased with himself.  And.. where can I get tickets for that seminar??  It sounds like something I need.

Offline fred

« Reply #1619 on: April 26, 2007, 12:02:42 PM »

why who is that man?

that is the deli lama......... 

I am going to watch him make some sammies, soon