Author Topic: Disaster!  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Disaster!
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »
So after the last week of disasters, I won't be going to Iowa after all.

Julian did a number on both of our cell phones.

First on Tuesday night, he managed to launch and aim quite nicely a sippy cup to the floor, which hit my phone dead on and spider cracked the screen.  Though the phone still worked, there was no way I was going to go with a cracked screen like that (no telling how long it would have continued to work) and because we had a bit of extra money, we said what the heck?

And then....

B's screen was already cracked around the edges (that would be because of work).  Yeah well.. J is now tall enough to slide stuff into the kitchen sink (see where I am going with this?)  So yesterday J decides B's phone needs a bath, slid it into the sink into a pan of water that was soaking.  Screen was full of water, no chance of drying.  BACK to the cell phone store we go and spending even MORE money, which of this we didn't really have with me going to Iowa.  In an effort to make sure that we go to gathering and not be absolutely BROKE afterwards.. I cancelled my trip.

We NOW have insurance on our phones which is what cost us, but for the next two years we have the opportunity to claim 3 accidents on our phones each.  In the meantime.. We're trying to keep the stupid things away from destructo boy.

With that being said...  Not all of our numbers were saved to our sim cards, so if anyone who wants us to have your numbers would be so kind to send us texts or call (if you have our numbers already) in your numbers (make sure to let us know who you are!) or send your number via PM here on the boards, we would be much obliged.

Sincerely,
(The very stressed out)
Amber

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
Re: Disaster!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 01:37:33 PM »
"destructo boy"...-giggles-. "holy terror", "Kid Boom".......The nightmare of a kid thats moving, and getting into everything. Time for lots of shelves!

-leaves hug, knows how it goes all too well-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »
You know what's great about having girls? 

She simply picks up phones and such and moves them out of her way or hands them back to me AS IF...she was saying..."Here, you are littering my play area with your junk."

Other times, she sets it out of my reach on the window sill or takes it and puts it in her microwave on her play kitchen AS IF...she was saying..."Not keeping track?  Ok, let's see if you remember next time."

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
-mimics Raz-

you know whats great about having dogs?

they simply sniff at my phone and walk away... clearly phones are not tasty and not meant to be chewed on...

or

my dog just lays his head on it AS IF... he was trying to talk to someone interesting on the phone

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
You know what's great about having girls? 

She simply picks up phones and such and moves them out of her way or hands them back to me AS IF...she was saying..."Here, you are littering my play area with your junk."

I got the same look for years with my cells.  Then....she got old enough to figure out she can talk on them.  Not been able to keep her from them since.  -lol-  Ah the joys of a preteen. 

Amber, just be glad it wasn't the toilet water that the cell phones went into.   Or the Keys..  Or remote..

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 10:09:29 PM »
is so glad that the cell phones that were out when my kids were little was those great big huge bag phones.... both my kids keep up with their own cells which they have to pay for now.  remember.. they are only little once.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 01:25:29 AM »
*hearing what the dog did and chuckling* Shoko, sometimes the goat I have does not care what is about, it just goes after it. Once when we had him walking about, mom was cutting my hair and the goat would nip at her phone.

Amber, hen they are grown, you will look back on this day and laugh,
OOC - Rick

kelsey

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »
yeah, got the insurance on the kids phone after she dropped it in the pedicure bath. 

Kels

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »
yeah, got the insurance on the kids phone after she dropped it in the pedicure bath. 

Kels

*Chuckles* The phone could have been waterproofed to fifty fathoms and still it would have died a horrid death in there.

;D :D ;)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
-mimics Raz-

they simply sniff at my phone and walk away... clearly phones are not tasty and not meant to be chewed on...

or

my dog just lays his head on it AS IF... he was trying to talk to someone interesting on the phone

Might want to take your dog and have it checked out for radiation poisoning.  I seen your dog.  Your phone is bigger than it.

Raz

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
-mimics Raz-

or

Might want to take your dog and have it checked out for radiation poisoning.  I seen your dog.  Your phone is bigger than it.

Raz

my dog is bigger then the phone!! -laughs- I have a nice little phone...

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
Kids are wonderful.  I still tell my adult daughter that she owes us a VCR.  When she was little, she decided that the slot where you insert the cassettes was a perfect place to store her 'Play-Doh'.  I took it into the repair shop, and they just shook their heads, and told me to buy a new one...it would be cheaper than the repair bill.

And, never ask me why our pygmy goat, 'Snowball', owes me $5.
 :D
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:39 AM »
Kids are wonderful.  I still tell my adult daughter that she owes us a VCR.  When she was little, she decided that the slot where you insert the cassettes was a perfect place to store her 'Play-Doh'.  I took it into the repair shop, and they just shook their heads, and told me to buy a new one...it would be cheaper than the repair bill.

And, never ask me why our pygmy goat, 'Snowball', owes me $5.
 :D

My goat, "Rocky" owes me a few shirts as well as a couple of pairs of shorts. Then too, I am thinking of tossing him on the grill.

Does anyone know how BBQ goat tastes or know the best way to cook a goat?
OOC - Rick

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 12:10:16 PM »
~laughs~ Well lamb if not cooked correctly will taste gamey and will be tough... I wonder if goat is the same way... Never have tried it, as I am not into anything other than cattle, deer, bison (makes the most awesome burgers), and chicken, but that is poultry and isn't a true red meat...

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »
*GASPS*

She called my bubby "destructo boy"... She is mean.. just mean..
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~