Author Topic: The Whereabouts of the Herder  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: The Whereabouts of the Herder
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
Agreed.  Dentists instructions to the letter!  And leave the damned sutures alone! I know your tongue will want to wander and play, but seriously.. leave em alone! -hugs- Glad you made it through ok, and they didn't have to break your jaw (or I saw from lack of that information in your post) so that's a silver lining! -loves on-

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
Agrees with Raz and Amber.. Listen to the orders of the dentist and also what Amber suggested about wandering tongue wanting to investigate those odd things in the back of your mouth.. ~shudders~

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 05:21:13 AM »
You are correct that the jaw didn't break or dislocate.  the reason for this is when they got to that point they had another doc basically sitting astride my lap holding my bottom jaw in a particular spot  because they could not get the block in my mouth.  day two and i feel like a swollen gerbal
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 08:28:34 AM »
-leaves you gentle hugs-..I'd have all sorts of awesome wisdom, but -thumbs at Raz-..It's already been said.

Thinkin of you, and will pop up and around soon-ish to peek in on how your doing.  :-* :-*
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »
Swollen gerbil is much better than the stay puft marshmallow man!

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »
oh yes you might feel like a gerbil now.... but youre going to feel soooooooooooo SOOOOOOOOOOO much better once youre all healed up!

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »
Update:

Pain.  lots and lots of Pain.  the muscles involved with the TMJ are going nuts.  I have caught myself clenching teeth.  I fight myself through the days and then take the heavy pain meds at night to get through the night without wanting to cry and scream.    I called the Doc and he said the opening going into the spot below my ear may take longer to heal and that if I need more pain meds to just let him know he will gladly write the script.  I'm trying but its hard when you feel like you have been beaten on one side of your head.  please be paitent the herder will return soon I hope
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 03:06:49 PM »
Do what you need to do for you.  Tuchuk will always be here and awaiting your return, just get better.  And listen to the doc!!
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
Ok... so status report.  Stitches can out on monday.  thank god no more tugging each time I eat or drink something. the issue is now that the muscles in my face are havin to readjust.  TMJ is a nightmare from hell created by something more evil than the  unholy one.  I find myself having spazms that cause me to clench my teeth and then the entire right side of my face  just begins to throb and ache.  my bite has started to shift also which has led to me biting the inside of my right cheek into the muscle during the night.  All they tell me is time.. take the ibuprofen.  its all part of the healing process.  I think I said I hate you to the dental tech.  so yea... thats where I am at

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »
wootness..no more stitches rocks! -leaves hugs n stuff for you- Tmj..-eye twitch-.

Well. It will get better, day by day. Count on that..-s-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-